Translate

Labels

Monday, 19 November 2012

Dodie Masterman



Dodie Masterman- photo by Lee Miller








 Today's post is about my Grandmother (photo above.) She was a teacher and illustrator of many of the folio society's classic novels and she  also drew  for Vogue on occasion. After she died I had a chance to go through all her old illustrations. She drew on most of the letters and cards she sent, which i think is such a lovely personalized touch. I have included some images of these above.  She really was a great artist, I wish I had known her better and had more time with her, but receiving a little illustrated christmas card every year made me feel very loved. 

      Here is a link to her obituary in the Guardian Newspaper. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Oceana, I was privileged to know your grand parents for a number of years, they were both very special people.
    Very best regards, Pierre

    ReplyDelete